Sunday, January 13, 2013

Writing Your Family History

If you're thinking about writing your family history - or you've already started but need a nudge to pick it up again, check out The Family History Writing Challenge. This can help jump start your writing and offer support. It starts February 1st and runs for the month. Try not to get overwhelmed though - remember that you only have to take this as far as you want to.

For me, it will hopefully motivate me to update all my family histories. Since I already have most of them written up, I usually update them whenever I find new records or new information on an individual or branch. But lately, I got behind on my updates, so much so that I now can't remember what needs to be updated. This means I basically have to go through my whole tree and compare every branch to every corresponding family history and see what, if anything, needs to be added to the family history. It will probably be very time consuming, which is why I've been putting it off. So hopefully the challenge will motivate me to get this done.

No comments:

Post a Comment